Sunday, September 12, 2010

Refashion: Pants to skirt

As I was going through my closet, I ran across a pair of stretchy pants that were given to me as a gift a while back. They've always been too big so they had a permanent place on the back shelf.

A refashion opportunity?
Of course. I don't pass such opportunities by.

So here you have it - this is how it began (the black ones)...



And this is how it ended...

(sorry it's hard to see due to the "blackness" of the black. If that's even a real sentence.)



In a nutshell, I cut up through the inner-seams of the legs and trimmed each seam for a "skirt-fit" when sewed back together.

I had to try on the skirt and tweak the back seam a few times so it wouldn't bubble when I put it on, but I finally got a clean line.

For the bottom ruffle, I cut up a clearance rack black t-shirt and ruffled it. Those clearance t-shirts always come in handy!


And my "new" skirt matches perfectly with my black ruffled shirt. Bonus!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips