Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pom Pom Trim Pillow


I fell in love with this sun kissed yellow canvas fabric with white medallions, the minute I laid eyes on it.

And when I read this delicious fabric description, I was completely hooked.


"This *bottom-weight fabric from the Lisette Collection tells the story of a creative woman who travels the world. She collects objects and images during her travels and filters them through her unique aesthetic to create a fresh and contemporary personal style."


I want to be that woman!

So instead of travelling the world, I made a pillow that reminded me of far-off places I hope to go.



I really love the way the white pom-pom trim compliments the design.

I'd been wanting to make a pillow with pom poms for a long time. My sis-in-law made a few that I LOVE, so I thought I'd make a go of it.






Sewing pom-pom trim on pillows really is quite easy, but I do have to say it takes a little patience to make sure it's on just right.



By the way, for those of you who aren't sure what *bottom-weight fabric is (like me a few months ago), it's a term used to describe fabrics with a heavier, sturdier weight; often used for pants or skirts.

The feel of this yellow fabric has a slight texture to it, is lighter than typical canvas, but more substantial than lightweight cotton. I really like the weight and feel, and have some other projects in mind for this type of fabric.

Hope it's sunny where you are!
Believe it or not, it's actually hot in Seattle. Amazing!


Linked to:

26 comments:

  1. love this! makes me think of Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so pretty! I've never sewn with pom poms, but I love what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy pillow :) I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness I want this pillow! It so adorable! I'm your newest follower!

    brandenjessicakeck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric and the trim. Great pillow! I would love for you to share this project on my Inspiration Board.
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/07/inspiration-board-link-party.html

    carolyn | homework

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric you chose!! It is such a happy, cheery yellow. The pom-poms are adorable too!! TFS!! Stopping by from Sew Chatty's linky party and your newest follower.

    I posted a pillow this week too. I used cording for the first time and that also took time to do, but, so worth it. Here is the link to my post: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-pillows.html
    Hope you stop by and become a follower too.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same fabric, but in navy!! I just recovered two lampshades in it! It's my fave fabric find(try saying that 3 times!) so far!! Check out my blog at dwellrepurposed.blogspot.com...I should be doing a reveal of the lampshades soon!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's so bright and pretty! pillow cases are next up on my to-do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yellow with pom-pom trim! That pillow will brighten up any corner in the house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that fabric! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! These are awesome!!!
    you commented on my blog, twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com, so I headed over, loving your stuff!!
    I am your newest follower and would LOVE the follow back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sew CUTE! I'd love for you to share it at my link party... Adorable. I LOVE yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a 'happy sunny' pillow! It look so fun, you much have a pretty sweet time making it! It make me smile looking at it! Happy sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pillow is adorable I love it! Found ya on Tea Rose Home : )

    Come check out my awesome giveaway!

    http://dahlingkadie.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful pillows. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This pillow is gorgeous and I just love the pom poms. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party. The link opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up your I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pillow! The pompoms are just the cherry on the top! Thanks for coming over to squeezing it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your post! I featured it this week in my weekly link party, Hookin Up with HoH!

    Feel free to stop by and grab a button if you'd like.

    xoxo

    Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete
  19. In the new era Decorative Throws are the new home make-over for everywhere including living rooms and bedrooms

    ReplyDelete
  20. Google Customer Service an option named with Disable DirectWrite flag appears on the screen. Check the box given in front of the said option. After making the change, restart the Chrome.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips