Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Funny things kids say: school's end

funny kids quotes
As this school year is coming to a close, I just had to share some final funny words out the mouths of the adorable kids I work with.

The end of the year is always bitter-sweet, but I am THRILLED I get to come back next year and work with them again! Quite a relief after all the ups and downs of being told I had to transfer schools. I'm still amazed and grateful for that gracious miracle!


While checking in for the afternoon, a 3rd grade girl hollered from line (about 5 kids away from me), "Ms. Shannon, your sunscreen smells like rotten egg salad sandwiches. Sorry. No offense."
Me: [laugh] Um, totally offended?
Her: [a little while later] "Ms. Shannon, your sunscreen doesn't smell anymore. I found out Tommy farted in line."


3rd grade girl:
"Ms. Shannon, did your hair used to be brown? Because I can see it up there." [points to my roots that clearly need a touch up]


3rd grade girl:
Her: I'm from Hawaii.
Me: Wow - that's neat. How long did you live there?
Her: Well, my mom and dad lived there but I never lived there cuz I wasn't invented yet.


1st grade boy [while on the computer looking on Google Earth]
Him: I love L.A.
Me: When did you go to L.A.?
Him: Well, I've never been there, but I love it on Google Earth.


One of the moms and I were talking about our food weaknesses, before she left with her 3rd grade daughter.
3rd grade girl's mom: My weakness is ice cream
3rd grade girl: My weaness is...wait, what's it called?
[Mom starts laughing]
Me: Weakness
Her mom: [still laughing] I hope you don't have a weaness


A 3rd grade girl was very excited about something she brought to show me & as she was jumping up and down says:
Her: OMG! I TOTES have RCS!
Me: What is RCS?
Her: Roller Coaster Syndrome!


Our room is getting a make-over this summer and I was talking to one of the 3rd grade girls about paint colors.
Me: I think pale yellow would be nice. It's light and cheerful.
Her: Pale yellow would totally kill the vibe in here. My room at home is pale yellow and it's a total snooze fest.


While sitting with a small group of kids, I asked, "Would you rather be a teenager or an adult?"
One shouts: Teenager!
Another shouts: Teenager!
Another shouts: Teenager!
Another shouts: Adult! I mean teenager!
1st grade girl shrugs and says: I'd rather be a dog.


It was in the upper 70's in Seattle and we were playing with water balloons outside. I asked a 1st grade boy if he wanted to go outside and play with the water balloons. His response to me: "I'm not in the mood for water balloons. I'm not wearing my heat wave underwear."

Love those kids! ♥
Here's to a great summer!


Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

5 comments:

  1. I love it when you share these. And I'm so glad you got to stay where you are. See, prayers do help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauralynn! I'm so happy I get to return to this same school next year too. It was bitter-sweet to say goodbye for the summer but nowhere near as difficult as it would have been if I'd had to leave!

      Delete
  2. adorable. always puts a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Pearce says hysterical things too every day. That video where she was "talking to daddy on the phone" was so precious!! Had to watch it a few times. :)

      Delete
  3. Love those kiddie comments! So funny!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips